It has been said that “the future is uncertain,” but in the cyber security industry we know that certain types of attacks and crime will continue unabated. For a look at what FireEye expects in 2017, we present Questions and Answers: The 2017 Security Landscape.
The report features predictions for 2017 from FireEye CEO Kevin Mandia, CTO Grady Summers and other members of our executive team. Additional commentary is provided by top experts at Mandiant, a FireEye company, as well as the FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence team and FireEye Labs.
Questions and Answers: The 2017 Security Landscape covers a wide range of predictions about the coming year, including:
- The types of security investments that organizations will be making.
- Activity that FireEye expects from nation-states.
- An industry that may unexpectedly become a target of threat groups.
- The targeting of the Internet of Things, cyber-physical systems and industrial control systems.
- What the U.S. could expect now that a new president has been elected.
- The immediate future for less security mature regions.
- The different types of malware attackers will be using.
The road ahead won’t be easy. The threat activity we expect to hear about in 2017 is likely taking place right now, with adversaries already inside many of the systems and networks necessary to be in for them to achieve their mission. Consumers must remain vigilant and enterprises – as always – must be ready for when attacks happen, not if they happen.
The report is available for download here.