Artificial intelligence (AI) is a transformative dual-use technology that has the potential to provide organizations with better ways to defend their systems; however, it can also offer attackers better ways to compromise those systems.
Companies need to understand how AI will impact cyber security before they rely on it for network defense. Ultimately, a better understanding of the current and potential future capabilities of AI will help users see how related emerging technologies can affect their business.
Register for our upcoming three-part webinar series to learn more about artificial intelligence and how it relates to all things cyber.
Our first webinar, Artificial Intelligence in Cyber Warfare: A Primer, will be held on March 15 at 11:00 a.m. ET. Join me, Michelle Cantos, Strategic Intelligence Analyst with FireEye, as I cover a foundational overview that will help attendees:
- Understand the fundamentals of AI, the differences between various techniques used to process data, and the drawbacks to each approach.
- Discuss how AI tools can be used for offensive and defensive purposes in the cyber domain.
- Survey the future threat landscape and provide geopolitical context regarding how nations (U.S., Canada, Russia, China) will use AI tools given their current levels of technological development and AI integration in civilian applications.
The second AI webinar, The Role of Artificial Intelligence in the Cyber Domain, will be held on April 19 at 11:00 a.m. ET. This time I will be joined by Awalin N. Sopan, Analysis Platform Engineer with FireEye, and we will discuss topics that include:
- How AI technology can enhance a businesses’ defensive capabilities.
- How cyber threats can use AI to improve the sophistication and scope of their attacks.
- How FireEye uses machine learning to bolster its internal defenses and tools.
Artificial intelligence has many benefits, but it can be used maliciously as well. Stay tuned for details on the third webinar in the series, as well as other upcoming webinars, to ensure you are well informed when it comes to AI and many other topics.