FireEye was named a leader in the recent IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Threat Lifecycle Services 2018 Vendor Assessment (Doc #AP43699718, July 2018). The IDC MarketScape studied 17 cyber security vendors from 2017 to 2018 that offer threat lifecycle services in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
These organizations were evaluated against parameters that define current market demands and expected buyer needs, including threat intelligence, portfolio comprehensiveness, incident response service-level agreements, and customer satisfaction. In-depth interviews with customers were also conducted, resulting in valuable commentary and proof points.
The IDC MarketScape's observations of FireEye highlighted the following capabilities that help organizations improve their security posture and increase security program resilience, resulting in FireEye being named a Leader:
- Assessment and enhancement services that cover the entire attack life cycle such as compromise assessment, penetration testing, and red team assessments.
- Transformation and strategic services such as security program assessment, response readiness assessment, tabletop exercises, and cyber defense center development.
- Incident response services to investigate breaches and mitigate the impact of compromises on identified systems – on an enterprise-wide scale.
- Threat intelligence subscription services and managed services such as managed detection and response services.
- Training courses, hands-on keyboard workshops, and simulated cyber exercises to upskill in-house security staff.
- Strategic partnerships with law firms, insurance providers, and insurance underwriters to address client needs related to cyber-risk management and incident response.
- Risk management services targeted towards the C-suite help CISOs better communicate to their boards and increase the use of risk principles in cyber defense operations.
- Annual M-Trends report that influences the security industry on current trends that define an ever-evolving threat landscape.
Positive customer feedback about FireEye included mention of its unique threat intelligence capabilities in comparison to other providers – through a deep global understanding of threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) captured from firsthand incident response investigations. Customers also highlighted the complete visibility FireEye provides into threat evidence across an organization, obtained by purpose-built FireEye technology and senior-level analysts.
Customers that were interviewed also focused on the people aspect of each vendor, as they appreciate high-caliber professionals. FireEye incident responders were described as seasoned and knowledgeable experts providing tremendous value during all engagements. Customers regard FireEye recommendations as practical and prioritized, rather than merely theoretical best practices.
For example, FireEye was engaged by the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore to provide incident response and malware analysis training. A key factor for this partnership is FireEye’s ability to customize the courses to align to CSA’s advanced training needs, and the fact that these courses are facilitated by actual consultants who spend most of their time on the front lines of cyber defense and investigation incidents.
This proven track record of world-class intelligence, purpose-built technology, senior-level experts, and service offerings that address breach preparedness before, during and after an incident ultimately gains customer approval with a strong sense of assurance and commitment from the executive level of an organization.
Learn more about key requirements of threat lifecycle services and a detailed overview of FireEye capabilities by downloading an excerpt of the IDC MarketScape report.