A few weeks back, our EVP and CMO Vasu Jakkal marked International Women’s Day with a post noting some of the ways FireEye has been helping to lead the way for women in cyber security. Diversity is what makes organizations truly unstoppable, and this fact serves as the driving force around FireEye Elevate.
The goal of this industry initiative is to "elevate" women in cyber to the c-suite and boardroom by preparing them for the responsibilities and challenges being faced by today’s executives. Today we announced two new steps we’ve taken to encourage and empower women in the cyber security space: a cyber security leadership online resource page and the launch of several new training programs.
Online Resource Page for Leaders in Cyber Security
The new Elevate online resource page on the FireEye website includes:
- Updates from the FireEye team and others who share a passion for empowering women leaders.
- Details on upcoming events and activities for leaders.
- Links to FireEye and industry resources addressing issues important to current and future women leaders.
This page is another important step in our efforts to mentor, grow and educate the next generation of cyber security leaders wherever they currently are on their leadership journey.
Fostering Boardroom Cyber Security Expertise
Our new training programs are designed around cyber security mentorship and efforts to equip boards with the tools to gain a competitive edge. These programs include:
- Introduction to Cybercrime for Executives: Security breaches transform calm working environments into high-stress battle zones. Informed executives are better equipped to understand the threat and make corresponding decisions smartly and quickly. This course is designed to educate senior leaders about cybercrime and incident response. Review real-world based intrusion scenarios by a sophisticated attacker, examining tactics and technologies from both the attacker’s and victim’s perspectives.
- Cyber Security Executive Crisis Strategy: Assess and analyze an organization’s crisis management capabilities when faced with an advanced threat through the lens of the executive team using scenario roleplay. Some focus area options include decision-making around the impact of containment tactics, customer notification best practices and media communications.
- FireEye Executive Mentorship Program: Test national preparedness when faced with a serious cyber incident. FireEye provides key governments and agencies worldwide with senior-level mentorship opportunities to enhance strategic, global cyber operations awareness. This program focuses on the strategic and operational aligning of cyber risk to business risk and is intended for senior-level officials and those intended to become future senior-level leaders.
We are fierce advocates for “elevating” cyber security expertise among women, preparing them for the roles and responsibilities of today’s c-suite and board room. Major investors are seeking to support and grow next-gen board members as organizations realize that cyber security expertise is now a need, alongside leadership diversity.
These training programs support these goals and build FireEye’s position as a cyber security pioneer often called to coach at the board level and remediate the most consequential breaches.
Check out our FireEye Elevate page for additional information, including more details on the above FireEye training programs. And for the latest updates on FireEye Elevate, follow @FireEye and #ElevateWomeninSecurity