The first day of MIRcon 2014 is officially done and was packed with thought-provoking keynotes, presentations and a one-of-a-kind reception. While there's too much to fit into this blog post, I wanted to provide you with some of the highlights:
- FireEye's COO, Kevin Mandia kicked-off MIRcon and was accompanied by FireEye CEO, Dave DeWalt and FireEye CTO, Dave Merkel.
- Matt Graeber's Analysis of Malicious Security Support Provider DLLs gave attendees a technical overview of SSPs, installation procedures, and detection guidance.
- Brian Finch covered cyber security from a legal perspective in his talk on The Past As Prologue - Potential Theories Of Liability Following A Cyber Attack.
- A roundtable made up of the industry's leading journalists from the Wall Street Journal, POLITICO and Bloomberg covered the biggest stories of the last 12 months and some of their favorite interviews.
- Shannon Lietz and Shrikant Raman discussed how Intuit and Mandiant secured a major migration of customer applications to the cloud in their talk To Cloud Or Not To Cloud: Enterprise Cloud Security via Devsecops.
- Mandiant consultant Matt Hastings went over how attackers can enable and abuse PowerShell in his session Investigating PowerShell Attacks.
- The closing keynote from Gen. Keith B. Alexander, USA (Ret.) provided a look into the past, present and future of cyber security and how to get the C-level involved as awareness continues to grow.
Stay tuned to this space as we'll have more conference highlights tomorrow! You can also view live highlights from the conference by following the #MIRcon hashtag on Twitter.