FireEye Announces Availability of Oculus for Small and Midsize Businesses
New Offering Brings Virtual Machine Technology to Small and Midsized Businesses, Safeguarding Assets from Web, Email, and Mobile Threats
FireEye, Inc. (NASDAQ: FEYE), the leader in stopping today's advanced cyber attacks, today announced the FireEye Oculus™ platform for small and midsize businesses (SMB). Oculus for SMB combines technology, services, and threat expertise in a solution specially tailored to small and midsized businesses. Leveraging the industry's leading advanced threat prevention platforms for Web, email, and mobile, Oculus for SMB enables simple and scalable security. The solution includes state-of-the-art continuous monitoring to help address the comprehensive advanced security needs of this large and critical business segment. Today, FireEye has hundreds of SMB customers across multiple verticals including finance, manufacturing, and retail.
"For years, FireEye has provided unprecedented protection to the enterprise, but there’s no question that small and medium-sized businesses have as much need for effective information security technology as large companies,” explained Charles Kolodgy, research vice president of security products at International Data Corporation (IDC). “Cybercriminals target small organizations who, consequently, require an effective solution to protect their businesses.”
This offering opens a major market opportunity for advanced threat management. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, SMBs represent 99 percent of U.S. businesses. And in 2012, Verizon reported that 77 percent of cyber attacks targeted small businesses. IDC reports that SMB spending on security technology continues to show strong growth and is predicted to exceed $5.6 billion in 2015.1
FireEye Oculus for SMB includes:
- Web threat protection: With the FireEye® NX series platform, SMBs can stop Web-based attacks that traditional and next-generation firewalls (NGFW), IPS, AV, and Web gateways miss. The NX series protects against zero-day Web exploits and multi-protocol callbacks to keep sensitive data and systems safe.
- Email threat protection: SMBs can leverage cloud-based or the on-premise EX series platform to protect against today's advanced email attacks.
- Mobile threat protection: SMBs can leverage a cloud-based platform to address threats targeting mobile devices and help ensure that mobile apps are safe to use.
Oculus for SMB also provides Oculus Continuous Monitoring to help ensure that constrained security resources do not hinder an organization’s ability to counter targeted threats. Capabilities include:
- Continuous Monitoring: FireEye threat intelligence augments customer IT teams to proactively recognize advanced persistent threat (APT) attacks.
- Cybercon Reports: Vertical-specific threat information provides a more comprehensive view of the landscape so SMBs are better prepared to manage risk in their specific threat environment.
- Health Check: Alerts notify customers when their deployments fail remote health checks to ensure uninterrupted protection against advanced threats.
“FireEye is putting virtual machine technology into the hands of SMBs,” said Manish Gupta, FireEye senior vice president of products. “With the FireEye solution, SMBs obtain a simple and scalable security solution for advanced threats to safeguard corporate assets and drive down business risks. SMBs will enjoy unmatched advanced threat protection solution with continuous monitoring to augment their limited resources.”
“With FireEye, we don’t have to worry about malicious threats to our systems — and we can now proactively block malware from reaching desktops,” said Wade Jones, CIO and senior vice president, Citizens National Bank of Texas.
The new SMB offering gives more than 500 FireEye channel partners the opportunity to expand their sales portfolio.
"The new commercial offerings from FireEye open up whole new markets for us to target,” said Barrie Desmond, group marketing director with Exclusive Networks. “Smaller organizations with high-value assets face the same threats as larger enterprises. Now we have a FireEye solution to help protect them."
About FireEye, Inc.
FireEye Threat Prevention Platform provides real-time, dynamic threat protection without the use of signatures to protect an organization across the primary threat vectors and across the different stages of an attack life cycle. The core of the FireEye platform is a virtual execution engine, complemented by dynamic threat intelligence, to identify and block cyber attacks in real time. FireEye has over 1,300 customers across more than 40 countries, including over 100 of the Fortune 500.
1 IDC Press Release, IDC Special Report Series Predicts U.S. SMB Security Spending to Top $5.6 Billion in 2015, May 2012
# # #
© 2013 FireEye, Inc. All rights reserved. FireEye and Oculus are registered trademarks or trademarks of FireEye, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brands, products, or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.