FireEye to Host Fifth Annual MIRcon Conference Featuring Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson and General Keith B. Alexander
Cybersecurity and Technology Leaders to Discuss Combatting Today’s Threats by Looking Beyond the Breach
FireEye, Inc. (NASDAQ: FEYE), the leader in stopping today’s advanced cyber attacks, today released the keynote talks and conference tracks of the fifth annual Mandiant Incident Response Conference (MIRcon™). David DeWalt, chairman of the board and CEO, FireEye and Kevin Mandia, SVP and COO, FireEye will join acclaimed astrophysicist, Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, and former Director of the National Security Agency, General Keith B. Alexander, as the 2014 event’s headliners.
MIRcon attracts hundreds of professionals across all disciplines of information security. Attendees engage with industry leaders and hear from experts in the field to learn what is next in the fight against advanced attackers and share experiences about utilizing technology to detect, analyze and resolve cyber attacks.
The 2014 MIRcon program includes more than 25 sessions across three tracks. Topics will cover best practices, case studies and instruction on network security, threat intelligence, incident response, malware analysis, reverse engineering, and computer forensics among others. To see the full conference agenda and register for the event visit: https://www.mandiant.com/events/mircon/.
In addition, attendees will hear from four keynote speakers:
- Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson – Science As a Way of Knowing Dr. Tyson will discuss the joys of knowing how the universe works and the disaster that can unfold when you do not. Dr. Tyson will illustrate examples of each drawn from across time and cultures, culminating in a commentary on the state of science in America today.
- General Keith Alexander – Staying Ahead of the Curve: Securing a Nation Amid Change Attacker methods continue to advance and take advantage of the increasing speed at which our nation adopts new technologies. General Alexander will provide insight into addressing security needs when our technologies are seemingly at-odds with them.
- David DeWalt – Reimagining Security to Combat Advanced Attackers Despite substantial investments in traditional security technologies, the vast majority of advanced attacks go undetected and proliferate undefended. Mr. DeWalt will discuss how organizations can reimagine security to find and stop attackers that would otherwise bypass traditional security technology and defense models.
- Kevin Mandia – State of the Hack Mr. Mandia will look at how attackers are exploiting the security gap and discuss trends and changes he has seen over the last year while responding to security breaches. In addition, Mr. Mandia will provide recommendations for how organizations can narrow their security gap and reduce the consequences of security incidents.
- Dates: October 5-6, 2014 (Training Classes); October 7-8, 2014 (Conference)
- Location: Omni Shoreham Hotel; Washington, DC
- Registration (Closes October 7th): http://www.cvent.com/events/mircon-2014/event-summary-2b21d10fb9e54709950c6e22a3ef6716.aspx
- Conference Tracks:
- Incident Response
- Research & Development
- Training Classes: "Malware Analysis Crash Course" & “Enterprise Incident Response”
To stay up-to-date on MIRcon’s latest speakers, sessions and registration information, follow the hashtag #MIRcon on Twitter and visit the M-Unition™ blog: https://www.mandiant.com/blog/.
About FireEye, Inc.
FireEye Threat Prevention Platform provides real-time, dynamic threat protection without the use of signatures to protect an organization across the primary threat vectors and across the different stages of an attack life cycle. The core of the FireEye platform is a virtual execution engine, complemented by dynamic threat intelligence, to identify and block cyber attacks in real time. FireEye has over 2,200 customers across more than 60 countries, including over 130 of the Fortune 500.
Vitor De Souza
# # #
© 2014 FireEye, Inc. All rights reserved. FireEye, Mandiant, MIRcon and M-Unition are registered trademarks or trademarks of FireEye, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brands, products, or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.