FireEye Announces Helix – the First Intelligence-led Platform to Simplify, Integrate, and Automate Security Operations
- Accelerates response with automation and orchestration powered by machine-learning and behavioral analysis based detection from FireEye MVX plus FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence
- Delivered via public or private cloud, or on premise, to integrate and prioritize every alert in customer environments within a simple user interface
MILPITAS, Calif. – November 29, 2016 – MILPITAS, Calif. – November 29, 2016 – FireEye, Inc. (NASDAQ: FEYE), the intelligence-led security company, today introduced FireEye® Helix™, a platform to simplify, integrate, and automate security operations for organizations of all sizes and industries. This intelligence-led platform unifies network, endpoint and third-party product visibility with industry leading FireEye iSIGHT® Intelligence and Mandiant® expertise.
FireEye Helix is designed to dramatically reduce the time, effort, and cost associated with managing low quality or false alerts from traditional security offerings like next generation firewalls, endpoint, and intrusion prevention systems. FireEye Helix launches with a limited early adopter program today, and will be generally available in late Q1 2017.
“After my more than two decades responding to many of the largest breaches in the world, it is clear that threats have evolved to actively exploit the detection and process failures in security operations that slow response,” said Kevin Mandia, CEO, FireEye. “FireEye Helix is a revolutionary approach that builds on our best in class detection solutions and investments in Mandiant, iSIGHT Partners, and Invotas, creating the first intelligence-led platform that enables simple, integrated, and automated security operations from the cloud or on-premise.”
“The business benefits of moving IT resources to the cloud – efficiency, agility and reduced costs – often overshadow the risks and unintended consequences that follow cloud adoption,” said Rob Ayoub, Research Director at IDC. “Therefore it becomes imperative businesses deploy advanced security solutions that provide flexible, agile, and distributive protection at a low cost.”
A Security Platform Built for Speed
The security operations experience today is disjointed, with alerts generated across dozens of low fidelity products and siloed management consoles that lack the contextual intelligence needed to accelerate response via automation and orchestration. This causes IT and security leaders to spend more time on manual processes and infrastructure management, bottlenecks the business and leaves the organization less secure.
FireEye Helix is engineered to deliver capabilities that reduce the time, effort, and cost associated with security operations by addressing three key areas of customer demand:
- Accurate Detection and Alerts: Helix integrates FireEye’s award-winning MVX™ detection capabilities from FireEye Endpoint Security (HX™) and Network Security (NX™). Visibility is further enhanced with FireEye Helix integrating and analyzing alerts from all third-party products within customer environments with FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence. In doing so, low quality or false positive alerts are removed; presenting only actionable information that speeds up response and ultimately increases the value of all security tools.
- Intuitive, Single User Interface: A redesigned user experience – built by security analysts for security analysts – is designed to accurately correlate and prioritize threats for appropriate response. Customizable dashboards, search and reporting capabilities enable investigations as well as help with adhering to compliance regulations.
- Accelerated Response with Automation & Orchestration: Built-in playbooks developed using over a decade of Mandiant experience can orchestrate and automate response and remediate threats in real-time. FireEye Helix can take action in minutes – not days, weeks, or months – lowering time to protection and freeing resources for more proactive advanced security practices.
FireEye Helix enables customers to take advantage of these benefits through the unification of Network Security (NX), Endpoint Security (HX), Threat Analytics Platform™ (TAP™), Advanced Threat Intelligence™ (ATI™) and FireEye Security Orchestrator™ (FSO™).
In addition to these core capabilities, customers can subscribe to integrated, premium additions providing:
- Email Security via cloud (ETP™) or on-premise (EX™),
- FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence,
- Additional FireEye Security Orchestrator capabilities and playbooks, and
- FireEye as a Service™
To sign-up for the FireEye Helix Early Adopter program, please visit www.fireeye.com/helix. Please also join Grady Summers, CTO, FireEye, for the introduction of Helix via Facebook Live on Wednesday, November 30th at 10am PT/1pm ET at https://www.facebook.com/fireeye.
About FireEye, Inc.
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 5,300 customers across 67 countries, including more than 825 of the Forbes Global 2000.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements related to the expectations, beliefs, features, capabilities, benefits and availability of FireEye Helix. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions which, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause the performance of these new platforms and FireEye's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include customer demand and adoption of FireEye's solutions; real or perceived defects, errors or vulnerabilities in FireEye's products or services; the ability of FireEye to retain and recruit highly experienced and qualified personnel; FireEye's ability to react to trends and challenges in its business and the markets in which it operates; FireEye's ability to anticipate market needs or develop and deliver new or enhanced products and services to meet those needs; and general market, political, economic, and business conditions; as well as those risks and uncertainties included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in FireEye's Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 4, 2016, which is available on the Investor Relations section of the company's website at investors.FireEye.com and on the SEC website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the company as of the date hereof, and FireEye does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made. Any future product, service, feature, benefit or related specification that may be referenced in this release is for information purposes only and is not a commitment to deliver any technology or enhancement. FireEye reserves the right to modify future product and services plans at any time.
© 2016 FireEye, Inc. All rights reserved. FireEye, Mandiant, iSIGHT, Helix, MVX, HX, NX, Threat Analytics Platform, TAP, Advanced Threat Intelligence, ATI, Security Orchestrator, FSO, ETP, EX and FireEye as a Service are registered trademarks or trademarks of FireEye, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brands, products or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.