FireEye Announces iSIGHT Partners Integration Into the FireEye Global Threat Management Platform
Intelligence-Led Security Platform Now Combines Adversary, Victim and Machine Intelligence Enabling New Solutions and Delivery Models
MILPITAS, Calif. – May 19, 2016 – FireEye, Inc. (NASDAQ: FEYE), the leader in stopping today’s advanced cyber attacks, today announced the integration of iSIGHT Partners threat intelligence into the FireEye® Global Threat Management Platform – enhancing customers’ abilities to proactively anticipate, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Following the recent launch of FireEye Security Orchestrator™, this platform integration continues to build on the open, unified foundation of the next generation of security operations center (SOC).
“With the world’s most comprehensive visibility into machine, victim, and adversary cyber threat intelligence coupled with hundreds of intelligence analysts spread globally, FireEye is uniquely able to help organizations establish a proactive security posture that anticipates and evolves with the threat landscape,” said Travis Reese, president of Mandiant Consulting and iSIGHT Intelligence, FireEye. “We are excited to lay the foundation for a flexible intelligence-led architecture that allows customers to consume intelligence in ways that are optimized for their security program.”
The integrated intelligence offering from FireEye is now branded under the name “FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence” and will result in new intelligence offerings aligned more closely to the security objectives of a broader set of organizations. The first phase of these new intelligence offerings will roll out later in 2016 and offer threat intelligence tailored to the role of the individual using it. Following that, FireEye will provide customers a unified threat intelligence portal that delivers comprehensive threat intelligence and analysis by combining multiple existing FireEye intelligence assets.
The FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence platform integration and activities include:
- FireEye Security Orchestrator integration unifies existing IT infrastructure and layers FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence on top of it to decrease response times and, where necessary, orchestrate and automate action;
- iSIGHT Enterprise customers will have access to threat insights and premium intelligence profiles later in the first half of 2016 that incorporate data from FireEye’s victim and machine intelligence sources;
- FireEye as a Service and Mandiant clients now benefit from earlier protection from emerging threats, faster remediation, deeper proactive hunting, and program recommendations based on expanded tracking and reporting of threat actor activity pre-, during-, and post-breach; and
- FireEye Intelligence Center will add expanded news digests later in the first half of 2016 with access to iSIGHT Threat Media Highlights to better enhance its foundational strategic threat intelligence and analysis.
In addition to the FireEye platform integration and framework, several new technology integrations supporting the open platform and other new features were announced, including:
- FireEye iSIGHT Browser Extension for Firefox enabling users to view contextual intelligence on the contents of appropriate web pages, – e.g., an alert detail page within FireEye Network Security or the user’s Security Information and Event Management (SIEM);
- Maltego integration empowers customers using the Maltego data visualization tool to perform powerful visual link analysis based on FireEye intelligence accessed via the FireEye iSIGHT API;
- Qradar integration enables organizations using the Qradar SIEM solution to more effectively investigate incidents by providing them with FireEye iSIGHT Intelligence context on their alerts;
Soltra integration enables customers to populate FireEye
content into the Soltra intelligence platform for automated
dissemination into the customer’s security infrastructure; and
- Updated Splunk integration that now allows customers to search and match the data within Splunk against iSIGHT intelligence indicators.
To learn more about FireEye Threat Intelligence offerings, please visit: https://www.fireeye.com/products/dynamic-threat-intelligence.html .
About FireEye, Inc.
FireEye has invented a purpose-built, virtual machine-based security platform that provides real-time threat protection to enterprises and governments worldwide against the next generation of cyber attacks. These highly sophisticated cyber attacks easily circumvent traditional signature-based defenses, such as next-generation firewalls, IPS, anti-virus, and gateways. The FireEye Threat Prevention Platform provides real-time, dynamic threat protection without the use of signatures to protect an organization across the primary threat vectors and across the different stages of an attack life cycle. The core of the FireEye platform is a virtual execution engine, complemented by dynamic threat intelligence, to identify and block cyber attacks in real time. FireEye has over 4,700 customers across 67 countries, including more than 730 of the Forbes Global 2000.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements related to the expectations, beliefs, features, benefits and general availability of enhanced offerings, technology integrations and future offerings, as well as statements regarding plans and strategies of FireEye. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions which, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause FireEye's results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause such results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include customer demand and adoption of FireEye's solutions; real or perceived defects, errors or vulnerabilities in FireEye's products or services; the ability of FireEye to retain and recruit highly experienced and qualified personnel; FireEye's ability to react to trends and challenges in its business and the markets in which it operates; FireEye's ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products and services to meet those needs; the ability of FireEye and its strategic partners to execute their strategies, plans and objectives with respect to FireEye’s strategic partnerships; and general market, political, economic, and business conditions; as well as those risks and uncertainties included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in FireEye's quarterly report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 6, 2016, which is available on the Investor Relations section of the company's website at investors.FireEye.com and on the SEC website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the company as of the date hereof, and FireEye does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made. Any future product, service, feature, benefit or related specification that may be referenced in this release is for information purposes only and is not a commitment to deliver any technology or enhancement. FireEye reserves the right to modify future product and services plans at any time.
© 2016 FireEye, Inc. All rights reserved. FireEye, iSIGHT, Mandiant, Security Orchestrator and FireEye as a Service are registered trademarks or trademarks of FireEye, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brands, products or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.