Fast Company Names FireEye One of the World’s Most Innovative Companies
Innovation in cyber security earns FireEye the number six spot on Fast Company’s global list of 410 companies
MILPITAS, Calif., Feb. 20, 2019 – FireEye, Inc. (NASDAQ: FEYE), the intelligence-led security company, today announced that Fast Company has recognized FireEye as one of the world’s most innovative cyber companies for 2019.
FireEye was selected for this honor by Fast Company editorial staff based on the global impact its innovations have had on cyber security, society, and its overall business this past year. In celebration of the company’s evolution, FireEye has also revealed a new logo.
"It’s hard to imagine a day when innovation is not among our top priorities,” said Kevin Mandia, CEO at FireEye. “I believe we have the most powerful innovation cycle for a cyber security company. We have hundreds of professional consultants and intelligence analysts on the front lines of cyber conflict. We incorporate these experiences into our products. This award is a recognition of our efforts to protect our customers with innovation learned from the front lines.”
Mandia continued, “FireEye continues to innovate and to change how organizations worldwide manage their defenses. Our new logo reflects our transformation as a company – our identity, our vision and our innovation.”
Bringing Technology, Intelligence, and Expertise Together
FireEye has a unique advantage that no other security company can match. For 15 years, the company has been gathering insights on the front lines of cyber security. Today, its team of more than 3,200 employees includes more than 700 highly experienced threat researchers, platform engineers, malware analysts, intelligence analysts and investigators. This real-time threat intelligence and expertise is built into FireEye products and enables FireEye to provide the best line of defense against cyber threats.
“FireEye has gone from being perceived primarily as a ‘sandbox company’ to a true platform provider,” said Grady Summers, CTO at FireEye. “By blending our leading technology, intelligence and expertise, we make our Innovation Cycle real for our customers, and can bring each of these elements into organizations’ security operations. Further, we consistently improve and innovate upon these technologies to better defend our customers.”
From Sandbox Company to Security Platform Provider
The FireEye® Helix™ cloud security operations platform integrates data from FireEye solutions, as well as third-party tools, to help customers take control of incidents. Disparate solutions and disjointed alerts make IT and security leaders inefficient, and in turn, make organizations less secure. FireEye Helix combines a next-gen SIEM with security orchestration, compliant reporting, and threat intelligence for seamless detection and threat mitigation. By automating critical processes, FireEye Helix minimizes time spent on manual, repetitive activities freeing security professionals to spend time on their most value-added tasks.
Other FireEye innovation highlights from the past year include:
- FireEye Market: Get access to applications that are easy to search and deploy, developed by both FireEye and third parties.
- Expertise On Demand: Address skill shortage issues. Engage FireEye cyber security experts and get direct access to threat intelligence when and how they are most needed.
- FireEye Endpoint Security with MalwareGuard™: Machine learning is only as good as the data set available, and FireEye has some of the best data in the world. The MalwareGuard machine learning engine is one of four layers of defense within FireEye Endpoint Security.
- FireEye Network Security with SmartVision™: Detects malicious traffic as it moves laterally within an enterprise network, a critical component to a complete defense-in-depth security posture. SmartVision Edition is a FireEye Network Security offering.
- FireEye Email Security with Threat Analysis Evaluation: Access cloud email efficacy and determine if advanced threats are getting past current defenses. A no-cost evaluation powered by FireEye Email Security detects threats other solutions miss.
Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies issue (March-April 2019) is now available online at fastcompany.com/MIC, as well as on newsstands beginning February 27.
About FireEye, Inc.
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,700 customers across 67 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
© 2019 FireEye, Inc. All rights reserved. FireEye, Helix, MalwareGuard, SmartVision and Mandiant are registered trademarks or trademarks of FireEye, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brands, products, or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.