How Many Alerts is Too
Many to Handle?
According to a recent worldwide
survey(1), many large businesses rely on their security
people to fulfill multiple roles and responsibilities. And that can
prove disastrous in finding and escalating a critical cyber alert
because those people have to wade through too much data, false alarms,
and duplicate alerts—all that noise. As a result, an attack can slip
by defenses, unnoticed for weeks or even months, compromising the enterprise.
In this special report, “The Numbers
Game”, IDC details the survey results of all aspects of alert
management—where alerts originate, how they’re categorized, and how
they’re managed, as well as how the process can increase the
likelihood of a breach being successful.
- Why alerts are not fool-proof
- Why having more consoles may not be the answer to your security
- How your IT team may not be prepared to handle critical
- How long it takes other organizations to respond to
alerts, and how you compare
- Why outsourcing could save you
money and mitigate risk
Download the report and #StopTheNoise.
(1) IDC Survey, sponsored by FireEye. Advanced Threat
Readiness Assessment, September 2014