Email SecurityOn-Premises and Cloud Based Email Security
Detect and block spear phishing and other threats to email security
Cyber criminals often use spear phishing attacks, as well as malicious file attachments and URLs in emails, to launch an advanced cyber attack. These email attacks routinely bypass email security that uses conventional signature-based defenses such as antivirus (AV) and spam filters.
FireEye Email Security products (EX and ETP) protect against such cyber attacks. These products detonate and analyze suspicious email attachments and embedded URLs and block malicious activity to enhance email security. With these capabilities, organizations can prevent, detect, and respond to email-based cyber attacks. Customers can select Email Threat Prevention Cloud (ETP) for a complete, off-premise email security solution with no hardware or software to install. ETP includes AV and anti-spam protection to handle attacks hidden in bulk email and manage nuisance traffic.
"The FireEye Email Threat Prevention Cloud (ETP) service was very effective in detecting malware and SPAM messages in a 'live' feed relayed from the ICSA Labs corpus. Spam detection effectiveness was measured at 99.45%…"
- ICSA Labs
Benefits of Email Security
Get complete protection against email-based cyber attacks
- Block conventional and advanced email-based cyber attacks hidden in ZIP/RAR/TNEF archives, malicious URLs and a wide variety of attachment types.
- Stop unwanted bulk email and viruses with optional anti-virus/anti-spam capabilities available in Email Threat Prevention Cloud (ETP).
Detect unknown malware and malicious links with the industry's most advanced intelligence
- Anticipate and defend against attacks based on actionable intelligence provided by FireEye Advanced Threat Intelligence (ATI), included with ETP Cloud.
- Take advantage of the FireEye Multi-Vector Virtual Execution (MVX) engine that performs 50 billion virtual machine analyses of threats every day and updates the global FireEye ecosystem every 60 minutes with new intelligence.
- Integrate smoothly with FireEye Network Security platform to identify known and never-seen-before attacks, including blended (multi-vector) attacks.
Respond to incidents faster
- Focus your security team on actual advanced attacks, and automate the handling of simple spam and casual off-the-shelf malware.
- Implement the best possible defense the as your first response by relying on contextual intelligence from ATI to better identify attacks and track attack activity in your system.
- Choose between active protection or monitor-only modes.