Accelerated Live Response
Redline®, FireEye's premier free tool, provides host investigative capabilities to users to find signs of malicious activity through memory and file analysis and the development of a threat assessment profile.
With Redline, you can:
- Thoroughly audit and collect all running processes and drivers from memory, file-system metadata, registry data, event logs, network information, services, tasks and web history.
- Analyze and view imported audit data, including the ability to filter results around a given timeframe using Redline’s Timeline functionality with the TimeWrinkle™ and TimeCrunch™ features.
- Streamline memory analysis with a proven workflow for analyzing malware based on relative priority.
- Identify the processes most worth investigating using the Redline Malware Risk Index score.
- Perform Indicators of Compromise (IOC) analysis. Supplied with a set of IOCs, the Redline Portable Agent is automatically configured to gather the data required to perform the IOC analysis and an IOC hit result review.
In addition, users of FireEye’s Endpoint Threat Prevention Platform (HX) can open triage collections directly in Redline for in-depth analysis allowing the user to establish the timeline and scope of an incident.
Current Version: Redline 1.14
Release Date: June 12, 2015
Redline 1.14 includes several enhancements specific for HX customers. This release includes visualization of and filtering by the alerts that caused a triage package to be collected. It also includes the ability to analyze URL activity and process events as newly collected in the latest version of HX.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- File Size: 66.94 MB
- Integrity Hashes:
- MD5: F51F458F7A69F9EF8FFEC9693A4444C5
- SHA-1: 60A972C62BF8AA6F33F133BDE5866A46F5164840
Current Version: Whitelist 1.0 for Redline**
Release Date: July 11, 2012
- File Size: 31.6 MB
- Integrity Hashes:
- MD5: 0e8fdc80faffe72bb02799d6cdc75d0a
- SHA-1: 22eb80e40ea3a84b0ed3d821730485253ab31738
- MD5: 8448C5E5D4F9273DFA15F00D708F9173
- SHA-1: F2A9E7A87BAB4AC41E893EB721739E41226D2BDC
** A set of hashes from common (known good) executable files, used by Redline 1.6 (and newer versions) to filter out some of the memory analysis entries. Includes known good dlls and executable hashes from the Microsoft Windows Server Update Service and the National Software Reference Library.
The product includes a small subset of these hashes. In this file, a more extensive list is included.
To use, download the attached file to your favorite location, on the same host that Redline was installed on. Verify the MD5 /SHA1 hashes to ensure you have the correct file. Start Redline. In the Options ->Whitelist Management screen, there is an option to import a new whitelist. Following the procedure will completely replace the previous whitelist in Redline. Note that when doing so, your old whitelist is lost. You may choose to save the old whitelist, again from Whitelist Management, under Redline Options.