This course is designed to prepare learners to perform alert triage
from MVX engine analysis using the FireEye Malware Analysis appliance.
Learners will develop knowledge and skills on the administration and
use of the FireEye Malware Analysis appliance. The course offers a
hands-on lab environment in which learners can submit malware samples
for deep analysis and then interpret analysis results.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe malware behaviors, stages of attack (malware
lifecycle) and current trends in the threat landscape
- Explain the process and initial steps of conducting malware
- Differentiate between static and dynamic
- Understand the features and functions of the Malware
- Submit malware samples to the appliance
for deep analysis and alert triage
- Locate and use critical
information in analysis results to assess a potential threat
- Identify IOCs in analysis results
- Examine the use of
YARA rules on FireEye appliances
Who Should Attend
Security analysts or incident responders who are responsible for
enterprise threat management.
A working understanding of networking and network security, the
Windows operating system, file system, registry, and use of the
command line interface (CLI).